Advanced Endoscopic Surgery
|Dr. Sejal Desai has received a Diploma in endoscopic surgery from Kiel, Germany. She has also attended. Endoscopic training programmes in Singapore & Clermoferand France (one of the leading gynaec endoscopy centre in the world). She has received Gynaec Endoscopic Oncology (cancer) training from Koln, Germany.
At Sarla Hospital & ICU, we are a very well equipped MIS Department. We have a state of the art OT & all German imported endoscopic instruments for the same. We have carried out many procedures some of which are listed below :
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy [ Removal of Uterus ]
- Myomectomy [ Removal of Fibroids ]
- Ovarian Cystectomy [ Removal of cysts in ovary ]
- Hystero Laparascopy with Chromopertubation [Infertility]
- Ovarian Drilling for PCOS [Infertility]
- Laparoscopics Tubal Ligation [ Contraception ]
MIS is now followed as a GOLD STANDARD throughout the world.
It requires small, Cosmetic hidden incisions, hence there being no big scars on the tummy ! As there are very few stitches, the pain post op is more than 90% less compared to open surgery. Since the surgery is performed under high magnification, the bleeding too is minimal. The return to function ( daily life ) or recovery is very fast. Even the hospital stay with a big surgery like removal of uterus [hysterectomy] too, is Day care surgery to maximum 1-2 days !
This surgery is performed without any cuts for various pathologies in the uterus, through a special endoscope introduced via the vagina into the uterus. It is a DAY CARE SURGERY. The Procedurs include
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy for infertility, heavy periods, post menopausal bleeding, to rule out uterine cancers.
- Hysteroscopic Tubal Cannulation to open tubes if blocked in infertility.
- Hysteroscopic Polypectomy for polyps, fibroids.
- Hysteroscopy guided Biopsy
- TCRE or Endometrial Resection for heavy menses.
- Septum Resection